Published: 22.11.2017 11:08
Hungarian Transport Federation was founded in 1998 as a non-governmental organisation. In the beginning it operated under the name of National Professional Federation on Local Public Transport Providers, in 2006 its name changed for Hungarian Public Transport Federation and in 2011 December for Hungarian Transport Federation.
President of the Federation: Dr. Gyula Várszegi.
The aim of the Federation is to bring together the legal entities and institutions that provide local public transport services under the responsibility of the local governments, as well as other companies that provide services which ensure the conditions of public transport in Hungary.
As far as the participants of the local public transport profession are concerned, the Federation represents the agreed common interests and aims during legislation preparations.
The number of members is continuously increasing, the Federation has currently 22 members.
Logo of the Federation:
Activities of the Hungarian Transport Federation:
- provides professional representation
- adopts positions on national and local governmental decisions and regulatory plans regarding economic issues of local public transportation
- monitors the practical enforcement of law and regulations and initiates reviews or amendments of professional measurements if necessary
- works out and maintains professional and ethic norms of local public transport sector
- keeps contact with ministries, committees of Parliament, municipalities, professional and non-governmental organisations